Friday, January 29, 2010

Race T taunt.

I ran on the dreadmill again yesterday. I'm definitely feeling the extra weight I've gained. I did 3 miles in 36:00 and I wanted to quit the whole time. I picked a machine right under the speaker system and it didn't matter how loud I turned my music up, I could not drown out the LifeTime music. I felt so great when my run was over and I took 15 minutes to stretch out well. I used the foam roller on my right IT band and wanted to cry just a little.

I have my Chicago Marathon race shirt hanging on the back of my closet door. It doesn't fit. I ordered it smaller on purpose because of the weight I thought I'd lose training to run the marathon. I want to wear that shirt more than anything so I it is hanging there to remind me to stay on the right track. I'm signing up for 2010 in a few days. I'm already signed up to run The Shamrock Shuffle in March. It's an 8K that follows part of the downtown loop marathon course.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

Hang in there! You can do it!