Monday, January 25, 2010

Starting Over

I am weeks away from pre-training for my second marathon. I promised myself I'd run all winter and not lose my base. I knew better. I started out well and kept up until Veterans Day. Somewhere between Thanksgiving and New Years I gained the 10 pounds I lost over the last year. I lost 50 pounds two years ago and running has allowed me to keep that off. Training for the marathon last summer helped me lose the other 10. I had hoped for 30 but I quickly found out that training for a marathon is not exactly a recipe for weight dropping off. I hate how I feel when I am eating poorly and I love how I feel when I am eating well. Why do I eat poorly for days on end? A craving takes over and I give in. Then I feel bad for giving in and I keep eating trying to feel better. It's a terrible cycle. I need a healthy streak. I need to remind myself that my feeling to eat might pass if I'd give it a chance.

SO this is what I had for breakfast yesterday. One egg and two whites with sauteed mushrooms, spinach and red peppers.
Lunch was so delicious. I had a spinach wrap with hummus and a Dr. Praegers veggie burger with some sliced cukes and carrots and a side salad.
I also had yogurt and strawberries and a chai soy latte for snacks. Dinner was rice, kidney beans, sauteed onions and diced tomatoes with some melted cheese. It was a good day of eating. This week I need to run three times during the week and try a long run on Saturday. I loved the long run and I hope to back to that place! Happy Monday!

No comments: